There are many different definitions of intuition and some will feel better to you than others. Use whatever feels good to you. Here are some ideas to consider.
- Some like to think of intuition as a gut instinct.
- Some say it is a sixth sense.
- Some say it is communication from your spirit guides.
- Some take a more scientific approach and say that using your intuition means you are using more of your brain.
- I like to think of intuition as a bridge between physical self and spiritual self.
In general though, the most basic definition of intuition is that it’s a “sudden knowing.” The word knowing is really, really important because most commonly people know the truth of their intuitions when they occur but then they analyze for weakness and eventually talk themselves out of their intuition!
Understanding that basic definition of intuition as a “sudden knowing” and keeping it in mind as you work to improve your intuition will raise your confidence level. It will help you move forward. That one idea will help you further develop and further understand and further trust your own intuition.